Stone of the Day
July 8th, 2012
- Turquoise appears in just one color (although in different shades).
- Turquoise opens communications on all matters of an emotional, creative or intuitive nature, while permitting the application of love to all things.
- It is excellent for attunement, and for cleansing and protecting. Turquoise is said to change color to warn of impending danger or of infidelity in thought or deed.
- It is useful for providing strength and protection on astral journeys or on vision-quests, providing a strong grounding.
- Turquoise is a healer of the spirit, bringing peace of mind, also guiding through the unknown or through new experiences.
- It has been used to insure property against accident or damage, and to bestow goodness. It induces wisdom and understanding, at the same time as enhancing trust, kindness, and recognition of beauty, as well as stimulating romantic love.
- Native American Indians used Turquoise extensively in rain-making ceremonies.
- In healing, Turquoise is a ‘master healer’ which is able to be used on mental, emotional, and physical problems. It can be used to strengthen the entire body, combating whatever afflictions are present. It is also useful for treating headaches.
- Turquoise is porous, so should not be cleansed using water.